Thursday, March 3, 2011

Worship with Gratitude and Confidence

1 Thessalonians 5:18 says, “give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.” Our God is a gracious, generous, loving Father. Scripture tells us that He gives good gifts to His children. Our God continually demonstrates that He is with us and for us. And what should be the response of a true worshiper of God? We should declare His greatness with gratitude and confidence, gratitude for His perfect provision and confidence that we are His and precious in His sight. We can have peace in any storm. If our God is for us, who can stand against us?


Psalm 40:1-4
I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD. Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.

Psalm 131
My heart is not proud, O LORD, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me. But I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me. O Israel, put your hope in the LORD both now and forevermore.

Psalm 100
Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I trust that the comments you wish to share are intended for building up the Body of Christ. Thanks for participating. Steve