Monday, July 27, 2009

Prayer Request

I need to ask all of you to pray for me this week. I know that I set this blog up to be about the CONNECT Ministry and said that it wouldn’t be about me, but there are times when you feel totally overwhelmed. You cry out to God for deliverance and it doesn’t come. In the silence you seem to hear Him say, “My grace is sufficient.” You wonder if this isn’t another season of testing, where God asks you to demonstrate your true faith, not the phony stuff you show everyone else on Sunday morning, but the true depth of your commitment to and reliance upon Him. And it’s especially at times like that they you find you desperately need the community of faith, fellow Christ followers who will cover you in prayer and speak into your misery the encouragement that will help you stand strong. “You can make it. Persevere. We are here to walk this road alongside you.”

Tomorrow, three teenage girls will be flying in from California to spend a week with their friend, my daughter, Courtney. DON’T LAUGH! THIS IS SERIOUS! You see, I am the only male person in this household. I have a wonderful wife and two precious, teenage daughters. I bought a male dog, but they even conspired against his manhood. I now call him “Unique,” but he’s more of a eunuch. So, to three females and an emasculated dog we add three more teenage females! And here’s the worst part: we have only two bathrooms!!

So, pray for me as only loyal brothers and sisters in Christ can. And I’d love to hear your suggestions for coping with these unbearable circumstances. Perhaps I should find a pool hall to hang out at. Maybe I’ll get a tattoo. Or… I’ve always wanted an excuse to buy a Harley.

2 comments:

  1. I could send Tim over to lament on being overtaken by women! He understands your predicament!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buck up, there, Steve-o. I am sure this is a "divine appointment" to help you become more sensitive to the world of females. Enjoy the chaos!

    PS--You can come mow our lawn if you need to get out of the house and play with power tools.

    ReplyDelete

I trust that the comments you wish to share are intended for building up the Body of Christ. Thanks for participating. Steve