Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Summer Riddle?

So, what is it about summer? We should have the very most available time. Kids aren't in school. Most of their extracurricular activities are on hold. Days are significantly longer. But we have less time. It's like being a kid at Disney, a million things to do and experience collide with the physical realities of time, space, and energy. So we either run ourselves to death, like that kid, because we want it all and we must have it now, or we make some things priorities and say "No" to the rest.

Which are you? How do you choose which things to do, assuming you do? To set priorities, you must have a standard against which you test everything. This is your worldview; it's how you attribute value. So, what's your standard?

2 comments:

  1. Check out this blog entry regarding Priority, food for thought. http://www.43folders.com/2009/04/28/priorities

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mike. I think it hits the point I was putting forth for consideration. True priorities are the things we demonstarte have value by intentionally re-ordering our life. I guess that's a topic for another blog: Does something have to be done consciously to be considered intentional? I'm inclined to say, "No." I find that my behaviors are clues to my underlying worldview, whether I sit and ponder them before hand or simply act out of impulse or routine. Thanks for the link. S

    ReplyDelete

I trust that the comments you wish to share are intended for building up the Body of Christ. Thanks for participating. Steve