Thursday, September 22, 2011

Jesus is the Way; This is NOT!

OK, I seriously received this video from a Christian organization which is actually advocating this method as a legitimate, if not preferred, style of evangelism. Really? How many of you think that the approach portrayed in this video is even acceptable?

I'm going to lay my cards on the table, folks. We are to have the same attitude as Jesus! That's not my opinion. It's Scripture (Philippians 2:5-8). And for those of you who like to point out that Jesus used harsh approaches at times, take a serious look at "With whom?". Jesus reserved the in-your-face approach for self-righteous, self-serving religious leaders.

So, I present this video to you as NOT the way to reach people with the gospel. In fact, I would argue that these folks don't even understand the gospel, but that's another post for another day...


4 comments:

  1. I personally cannot stand Christians like this.. and I would venture to say that God isn't fond of it either.. Smug spiritual pride that point it's finger at sin, rather than to come along side and build relationship with a fallen brother or sister.. I really wonder how many people have repented from their sin and followed Christ as a result of this nonsense.. Now wonder the culture hates the church.. I dont really like us either sometimes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would argue the same Steve. Very disheartening. For some reason, this approach reminds me of excerpt I read from My Utmost a while back ...

    "God continually introduces us to people in whom we have no interest, and unless we are worshiping God the natural tendency is to be heartless toward them. We give them a quick verse of Scripture, like jabbing them with a spear, or leave them with a hurried, uncaring word of counsel before we go. A heartless Christian must be a terrible grief to our Lord. Are our lives in the proper place so that we may participate in the intercession of our Lord and the Holy Spirit?"

    Prayerfully,
    Derrick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good word, Derrick. Thnx for sharing!!! s

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the thing that bothers me the most, JT, is the absence of the love of our Savior in the words and even the tone of the witnesses. They can't see past the "sins" to see the people. Their hearts aren't breaking for them. It's very sad!

    ReplyDelete

I trust that the comments you wish to share are intended for building up the Body of Christ. Thanks for participating. Steve